Obsidian Charizard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly Forum with Active Staff. Sign Up Today!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rinx7's New OU Team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rinx7
Admin
Rinx7

Rinx7's New OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Rinx7's New OU Team   Rinx7's New OU Team Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Rinx7's New OU Team 260

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed: EVs: 252HP 176Def 82Attk

~Earthquake
~Roar
~Stealth Rock
~Waterfall

This is a variation on the typical lead Swampert. Instead of investing in Special Defense or Speed, I put EV investment in attack to catch my opponent off guard so when he switches in a pokemon he thinks can live an Earthquake or Waterfall from a Swampert with no attack investment it will KO. He also can be a hard hitting wall and can counter Metagross leads quite easily.

Rinx7's New OU Team 227

Skarmory@Leftovers
Keen Eye
Careful: EVs: 252HP 176SpcDef 82Def

~Brave Bird
~Roost
~Spikes
~Whirlwind

This is a pretty typical mixed defenses Skarmory. The reason I chose to beef up its Special Defense instead of making it all out defensive was so it could be a very safe switch in to a Grass Type attack aimed at Swampert it takes %12 Damage from a max Special Attack Shaymin for example. Swampert also covers its back from the horrors of Infernape and Heatran.

Rinx7's New OU Team Tentacruel

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Clear Body
Calm: EVs: 252HP 174Def 72SpcDef 12Spe

~Substitute
~Rapid Spin
~Surf
~Toxic Spikes

This Tentacruel is primarily for support because my team needs a spinner to get rid of Spikes and most of my team benefits from Toxic Spikes support. His main strategy is to Subsitute then lay down Toxic Spikes or Rapid
Spin depending on the situation.

Rinx7's New OU Team 479_rotom_wash_2_m

Rotom-W@Leftovers
Levitate
Calm: EVs: 252HP 168Def 88Spe

~Discharge
~Hydro Pump
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-wisp

This Rotom is my spinblocker and runs the standard defensive set that is on Smogon (I have never really used Rotom before.). My team with all of the entry hazard abilities it possesses desperately needed a spin blocker to be effective, and Rotom is one of the best.

Rinx7's New OU Team Scizor

Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant: EVs: 252Attk 252Spe 4HP

~Brick Break
~Bullet Punch
~Roost
~Swords Dance

This is a pretty typical Swords Dance Scizor set and I use it as a late game sweeper due to the fact that it is really hard to shut down. It can take down Reflect and Swords Dance to negates the lowered attack from burns, and can heal off any burn damage that accumulates with Roost.

Rinx7's New OU Team Heatran

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Rash: EVs: 252SpcAttk 252Spe 6SpcDef

~Dragon Pulse
~Earth Power
~Explosion
~Fire Blast

Heatran is here to help Scizor pull off a sweep by absorbing fire type attacks and preventing Scizor from becoming and extra-crispy bug. He carries Earth Power instead of HP Grass because it makes more sense due to his role on my team since Earth Power Can take out fire types easily.
Back to top Go down
https://obsidiancharizard.forumotion.com
Eos

Eos

Rinx7's New OU Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinx7's New OU Team   Rinx7's New OU Team Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

well, its not bad.... but i think you need one or two more pokes helping out with countering the other's weaknesses.
Vap for heatran(or Pert, but as u will see below i like a better lead for this situation) and scizor is good for the common pursuit Ttar against ur rotom.
i just dont like the fact that half your team just sets up. With all tht set up, you could make a stall team. And because of this, i would choose a hippo. Hippowdon can set up rocks, slack off, EQ (nicely), and then toxic or ice fang for ur choice. Then ther is the fact tht Hippo sets up sandstorm and already Scizor, Tran, and Skarm are immune to sand.
Back to top Go down

Rinx7's New OU Team
Page 1 of 1